Meet more people:
- Charles BerryChairman
- Dorothy ThompsonChief Executive
- Tony QuinlanFinance Director
- Peter EmeryProduction Director
- Paul TaylorRetail and Trading Director
- Tim BarkerSenior independent non-executive director
- Tim CobboldIndependent non-executive director
- Melanie GeeIndependent non-executive director
- David LindsellIndependent non-executive director
- Tony ThorneIndependent non-executive director
Committee membership: Executive
Appointment to the Board:
20 October 2005, having joined Drax in June 2004.
A non-executive director of NG Bailey Limited. A member of The Energy Research Partnership.
Peter joined Esso Petroleum upon leaving
university and held a number of analyst and managerial roles in the
UK before moving to Esso’s parent, Exxon in the US to co-ordinate
its downstream marketing and distribution investments outside North
America and Canada. Peter returned to Esso’s
Fawley Oil Refinery in 1992 as plant technical services manager. In 1997, he became refinery maintenance manager and in 2002, he was appointed operations manager with full management and operational responsibility for Fawley Oil Refinery, the UK’s largest refinery. He was also a member of ExxonMobil’s European leadership team for refining.
BSc (Hons) in Mining Engineering, Fellow of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining (FMIMM) and completed the Advanced Management Programme at INSEAD in 2007.
Responsibilities and skills:
As Production Director, Peter is responsible for the operation of the Group’s plant and equipment. This includes all aspects of safety management, plant integrity, plant operations, engineering support, maintenance and plant design. Peter also has responsibility for leading the Company’s carbon capture and storage activity.