Meet more people:
- Charles BerryChairman
- Dorothy ThompsonChief Executive
- Tony QuinlanFinance Director
- Peter EmeryProduction Director
- Paul TaylorRetail and Trading Director
- Tim BarkerSenior independent non-executive director
- Tim CobboldIndependent non-executive director
- Melanie GeeIndependent non-executive director
- David LindsellIndependent non-executive director
- Tony ThorneIndependent non-executive director
Committee membership: Nominations (Chairman) and Remuneration
Appointment to the Board:
15 December 2005 and was appointed Chairman on 17 April 2008.
Nominations (Chairman) and Remuneration.
A non-executive director and Chairman of Senior plc, a non-executive director of The Weir Group PLC, Securities Trust of Scotland plc and of Impax Environmental Markets plc.
Charles has extensive experience within the UK power sector. He
joined ScottishPower in 1991 and was appointed to the Board in
1999. From 2000 to 2005, Charles was Chief Executive of the
company’s UK operations, with responsibility for over 6,200MW of
generating capacity as well as
the trading business, energy retailing and strategic transactions, such as renewables development. Charles is also a former non-executive Chairman of Eaga plc and of THUS Group plc.
BSc (Hons) in Electrical Engineering and MSc in Management.
Responsibilities and skills:
As Chairman, Charles is responsible for the leadership of an effective Board ensuring cohesion between the executive and non-executive directors. He liaises closely with the Chief Executive in order to fully understand the business challenges facing the executive directors and the senior management team and in turn he ensures that matters laid before the non-executive directors are challenged and tested in a robust manner.